Monday, June 07, 2010

Sweet 16

16 OMG!!! How did this girl get to be 16 so quickly?

A quick photo before school. It was a cold, frosty and very foggy morning. Just like the day she was born.

She is obsessed with Master Chef. When she saw them make the Black Forrest Cake a few weeks ago, she immediately told me that is what she wanted for her birthday cake.

Black Forest Cake - Mum Style :) This thing was huge and weighed a tonne. It was so rich you could only eat 1/2 a piece. Kayla loved it so much, I've been told I have to make it again.

She requested her presents in the afternoon.
Opening her Pandora bracelet from Pop. She was so spoilt!!!

Cake Time


And with Jordi, just before we went out for dinner







5 comments:

Kerryn said...

Happy birthday wishes to your girl! Hope she had a fabulous day! (the cake looks very scrummy!!)

Susanne Perry said...

Happy Birthday to Kayla!

Helen Kinsela said...

Mel, you and Chris should be so proud of that girl. She's so beautiful and even in a picture I can see her wonderful spirit and personality shining through.
Congratulations Kayla on your "sweet 16" as they say. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. All the best for the year ahead.
PS. What an awesome cake Mel, well done!

Rachael said...

I know I'm late at blog trolling but you've done an amazing job on that cake!!! I still can't believe that Kayla is 16!!!

Rachael said...

I know I'm late at blog trolling but you've done an amazing job on that cake!!! I still can't believe that Kayla is 16!!!